The Sheet Metal Workers Union - Local #10 is hosting a trades merit badge series in the fall of 2018. The series will offer Scouts the opportunity to take 1-4 Merit Badges in a 6 week span. Scouts can take 1, 2, 3, or all 4 merit badges during the series. The series will take place at the Local #10 training center in White Bear Lake. Teachers and professionals from the training center and the union will be teaching the classes, and most of them also have a history with Scouting here in Northern Star.
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE TRADES MERIT BADGE SERIES
- Tuesdays from September 18 - October 23 (see list below for Merit Badges taught on each day)
- 4:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Local #10 Training Center (3554 White Bear Avenue, White Bear Lake, MN)
MERIT BADGES AND DATES:
- September 18: American Labor Merit Badge (class size - 24)
- September 25: Drafting Merit Badge (class size - 18)
- October 2 & 9: Metalwork Merit Badge (class size - 18)
- October 16 & 23: Welding Merit Badge (class size - 18)
* Note: Metalwork and Welding Merit Badges are two week classes. Scouts must attend both weeks to earn the Merit Badge.
- $10 / Merit Badge Class
- If you register and attend the full series you will recieve a $10 discount. This discount will be received after you attend the final class.
The class will be taught by highly trained professionals in the business, but we are asking that an adult from each Troop represented attend if possible to assist with chaperoning. This will be especially helpful as we move into the Merit Badges that involve hands on work with tools.
Register For Trade Series